Sunday, April 4, 2010

Harvest Cafe Artist Nights



Harvest Cafe at Newrybar, which is just in the hills behind Byron, has been holding dinner/artsist nights in conjunction with retrospect galleries in Byron Bay. Sometime Early in March before the opening of the exhibition El Mar Mi Alma (the sea, my soul) they invited myself, Alberto Sanchez, and Stephen Jones with tatiana Velasco, to talk about our lives and our art. The place slowly packed out and after an awesome meal via their fine food chefs and an outdoor barbie we were on. I was first up cause i had to bolt north and pick up my kids. Bree introduced me to the 100 or so people gathered and I began talking, hesitantly at first. As the minutes passed I actually began enjoying it because Bree asked me how I first started with my art, and that was perfect opportune for me to talk about being a kid, freedom, growing up in Cronulla, surfing, travelling, starving, writing, photography and painting. A couple other people asked questions too, which was really cool. I'd totally recommend Harvest for a meal too.




'sundaze' 2009


Harvestelmaretro

No comments:

Post a Comment