Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Harry

It was the weekend of Splendour in the Grass 2009 and Bree from Retrospect had an idea to host an artist do a live painting out front of the gallery. I'd done this type of thing before, on stage with Dave Rastovich at Twin Towns Coolangatta and as well at Splendour '08. It can be an interesting process interacting with the public and the art as it gets created. I like it. It kinda gives the art life as it evolves.  On this day lots of festival peeps stopped by for a chat and a comment on what I was creating. Amongst the art I purposely included a dollar sign, a crucifix, a heart and a surfboard. I then asked, mostly under 30's, what they would choose. Unfortunately money won. Sometime after lunch Harry the Hat walked by with red sunnies on like mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment